Sunday, August 12, 2012

The musical talent of my fellow incoming freshmen.

It seems to me that there is so much musical talent in the individuals that are joining me this year as freshmen in college. Savannah Curtis is a fenominal artist. She sings and plays ukelele! Exceptionally well, if I might add. Another that is very good as well is Michael Lemmer! He sings and plays guitar. He performs mostly country music, which I think is awesome! There are also many other people with great musical talent. They play brass, woodwind, wind, and string instruments. I don't know if it is just me, or do most people that are going to a technical school sometime in their life play a musical instrument....? My high school band director/teacher told me that this is true because the ones who have the ability to give all of their time to music also tend to give a lot if their time to their studies as well. Thus, they tend to do better in school overall. I do have to agree with my high school band director, Mr. Scotty Adkins. All of the people that I have seen graduate while in band or a music group were almost always the ones who were in the top of their class. Take me, for example.. I was not first or second in my class, but I did, however, end up as 4th in my class after taking my senior year with a part time college load and a full time high school load. I even managed to stay in cheer throughout the year as well. Now that it is over with, I can most definitely say it was worth it to have given up so much in my last year in high school. It was worth it all because I also gained so much experience and skills that I know will help me move on to the next chapter of my life.... 4years of college at my college of choice, Michigan Technological University. I am stoked to have even been accepted, let alone follow through with all of my dreams of a higher education. Well, I shall write again later..       ~R

No comments:

Post a Comment