Monday, August 13, 2012

College Textbook Shopping.

When in high school, I most definitely took for granted that my course books were already paid for. Now that I'm about to begin college in a couple weeks, I know what it is like to have to get my own books for school. I have probably spent about 7 hours looking for the right books! It's crazy. I really didn't want to have to pay full price for textbooks at the bookstore at the University, so I turned to the internet for assistance. My school's website gives the name, edition, and ISBN number for each book so that we may find our books of our own accord. I found that very helpful in my search. The one thing that was difficult and kind of off-putting was that I do not know the people that these books are coming from. That's basically the only downside of the whole situation. However, I have emailed on of the sellers about my Introductory Statistics book because I didn't know if the Cd that was supposed to come with it would or not. She emailed me back right away, and she said that she's going to send the book and then look for the Cd and send that to me free of charge. I thought that was very nice of her.

I believe that I spent considerably less than a lot of people will by shopping online for my books because, in total, my books cost me about $180 dollars. I think that's awesome! I have heard of people spending about 3-400 dollars on textbooks PER SEMESTER! I just think that's insane. I am going to try to stick with buying on line if I can help it.

Did you know, that you can either buy or rent textbooks?! I found that out during my search for the right books. There is a button for buy or rent. However, I found it better to buy because you can always sell the books back to someone else.. Considering that the rental price was sometimes larger than what I found the books to be for me buying them. I believe I made the right decisions about what books I bought though.

I will most definitely inform you about how it all turned out, the books getting here I mean.

Thanks for reading.

~R



P.S. These are pictures of the books that I have for this semester.

This is for my World Peoples and Environments class. 

These two are for my Prehistory & Archaeology class.

This one is for my Statistical Methods class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment