Tuesday, December 11, 2012

. . . Ireland?? Yes!


Should I go?

So... I have this opportunity. There is a summer program in Ireland, and it may be doable by myself. However, I will have to take out a loan and/or get a ton of scholarships to pay for it. This trip would be to study abroad in Ireland for about a month. I was introduced to this opportunity by the study abroad person, Darnishia Slade, here at Michigan Tech. She's pretty awesome! :D I'm really excited to even have this opportunity. What do you think I should do? Should I go to Ireland even if it means more possible debt for me in the long run if I cannot get enough scholarships?

The Cost:

The cost of a trip to Ireland in the summer for classes is around $9,000. This includes a lot of things though. The airfare, living, dining, school course costs, books, and more is included in this $9,000 fee.

Where I would go to study:

The university that I would be attending in Ireland is called:

The National University of Ireland, Galway

Things I would do:

Classes like: Irish Gaelic Language course, Irish history courses, lineage finder course, etc. There would also be a short field school in Dublin, Ireland where I would be given the opportunity to do some of the work that I was planning on doing after college.

Applied!!

I have officially applied to The National University of Ireland, Galway for the Summer 2013 semester.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment