Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reyna's in Ireland Blog Page

Hey, all!

I just wanted to do a quick post to notify you all about the slight change to my blog page. I have created another blog specifically for my time in Ireland this summer! It's called "Reyna's In Ireland," if you couldn't guess that by the title of this post already.

Anyway, I will be posting on that blog all about getting ready to go and everything that comes with that long and strenuous process!

Passport

I will be applying for my passport soon because I have to get that done. I am preferably going to do it early next week because I just don't have the money right now. Passports cost $165 for the whole thing! It's a bit pricey if you ask me. However, they are good for 10 years, so I suppose it isn't too bad.

Scholarships

I am applying for as many scholarships as I can find for the summer. I applied for one last Friday that was basically a MEME creating contest for study abroad. The first place prize is $1,000. I hope I get at least 1st, 2nd, or 3rd because they are all money prizes, which would be awesome! There is another scholarship that I am working on right now; it is called the Gilman Scholarship. The Gilman is basically for only Pell Grant recipients, but it helps those individuals be able to study abroad, which I think is awesome. I would love it so much if I was able to receive that scholarship. However, a scholarship is not earned if there is no work done. Thus, I have been spending much of my "down time," which is very scarce, working on that application and the essays that it requires.

I also had to take out a loan because I wanted to make sure to have the money to go on this trip. Studying abroad is definitely easier to get financial aid for during the regular school year. Trying to go in the summer, I received only $50 in financial aid from the government. I suppose that was all that was left after everyone else received theirs. Oh well, I still get to go!

Don't forget to check out my new blog!! There is a link at the top of this page that says "Reyna's In Ireland." Click on that, and it will direct you to that page! 


Thanks for checking in here!!


~R

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs but I always forget to check it frequently. Well now your in my RSS reader feed. So now it will alert me whenever you post! Keep it up, I'm rooting for you to get those scholarships!
    Love ya,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete