Monday, March 25, 2013

Update on Ireland Trip and Life

Hey!

I figured I would do an update! A lot has gone on since my last post. The Ireland trip to study abroad is on its way. As well as that, I have decided to join a local sorority here at Tech that is called Phi Delta Chi. I have begun pledging this week. It is definitely a huge time commitment, but I think it is worth it.

Ireland Trip

I did not end up getting that first scholarship. My entry did not make it into the top three. As well, I have not heard back from the larger scholarship, but I am a bit doubtful about that one because of the circumstances. That scholarship was mostly for non-European countries, and I am going to a Western European country, which didn't give me the leg up on getting it.

Anyway, the next step in my trip to study abroad in Ireland is to attend the Pre-Departure Workshop. I will learn about different cultural aspects of Ireland as well as different sayings that I should know before I go over there. There are a lot of unique sayings that would make me fit in easier while I am there. I am excited to make some Irish friends!! :D


Phi Delta Chi

Some of you may already know about my decision to join Phi Delta Chi. I attended the Semi-Formal Preferential Rush last Monday, and within the week I have begun pledging. Yesterday was my pinning ceremony, which was fun. However, I cannot say much about what went on, but that's okay.. However, I can say that I got a Big Sister!! Traci Billings! She is great and very supportive as well as an Anthropology major here at Tech that I can talk to about Antho. things, and she actually understands! :D Being a part of the Associating Class of Gamma Tau has been a ride already, and we've only begun. Over the next 5 weeks, we will have to complete multiple tasks while keeping up with studies because studies are important. They are important to not only myself but to the Sorority as well, which is one of the many reasons I like being associated with Phi Delta Chi.

I can already tell that I am going to have some crazy times with these girls. :)

Side note: Thank you, Christopher James Stewart for being so supportive of my decision to join the sorority and for putting up with me when I call you asking for rides places because I don't have a vehicle myself. I love you! :D <3 You're the best boyfriend in the world and perfect for me! <3


Housing

I have decided to live in the sorority house next year. It is a little high priced, but I know that it is more convenient for me being in the sorority. It will be great. :) I'm definitely excited! I will have to sign the lease fairly soon and will be living with some of the other sorority girls. I am mostly excited about finding somewhere to live where I know all of the people living there. It is more of a comfort thing for me. I think they are excited to have me there too. :) I'm excited.


Thank you for reading my blog!!!


~R








No comments:

Post a Comment