Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Nights

Summer Nights

There are so many things that I could be doing at this very moment. However, I decide that it would be best to do a blog post... I've known of so many people who do not keep up with their blogs, and I know it is hard too. I am guilty of not posting as often as many of the avid bloggers, but I post mainly when I feel like I have something to say.

When something is going on that is noteworthy in my life...

I feel like going to Ireland is noteworthy.. However, I have an entirely different blog page for that agenda. :) #check it out!

Anyway, Summer nights... That is the title of this particular blog. You might be wondering why it is the title right now. Do you want to know the reason why??? ......... It's because I wish we were having more of a Summer right now! It's been raining practically all day, and the weather this Summer just has not been the norm. It's like up north not having a Spring....

Well, I feel like Spring has finally sprung. It's just unfortunate that the Summer has to suffer and be cut short because the Earth is confused. Yeah... I feel like we should all write a letter to Earth and ask for our warm, bonfire, sitting on the back of tailgates weather back. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure could use some time around a bonfire talking about everything and nothing at the same time. We're young and full of life. We need to live life to the fullest.

To some, living life to the fullest means going out every night and getting drunk with a bunch of people you don't know at a party that you were not even invited to. YOLO.... NOT! That is not the true meaning of "You only live once." The true meaning to this abbreviated quote is that there is only an allotted amount of time that each and every one of us has on this Earth, and we need to live life to the fullest. We need to enjoy time with our friends and family. It does not mean going out and getting drunk and not even being able to remember what happened last night. That is not what it means at all.

With that said, I would hope that younger individuals, or even parents of younger individuals who may come across this blog, will take a moment and figure out what is going on in your or your child's life. Are you or they being responsible?

I am not entirely sure what brought on this rant about being responsible and living life to the fullest, but I feel like it was needed. Maybe it will open someone's eyes, or it could just be shrugged off like many other things that have been written like this.

As an 18 year old, I feel like my generation and the generations to come have been becoming more and more off track. I only wish everyone can be happy. I only wish that everyone will find something or someone that they love and stick by it or them.... and remember.. No matter what happens in life, a disaster, illness, fights, breakups, heartbreaks, etc... You will always have your family and friends. They will always be there for you.

With that, I would like to say YOLO.

"You only live once, so be all that you can and want to be."

Stay safe. Love long. Live strong. Be happy. <3


~Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment