Monday, August 20, 2012

5 Days

Cultural Anthropology Book

Well, it seems that the book that I had to order the second time is on its way to the U.P. I had it sent to my address there because I didn't want to take the chance of it being stuck down here at home instead of up north where I needed it to be for my classes. 

Textbooks Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two of my textbooks arrived! I received my Introductory Statistics and one of the two books for my Prehistory & Archaeology class. I was so excited! I hope the other book that I have yet to receive here at home will come tomorrow or the next day. If not, I am going to have to start trying to figure out where it is. The statistics book looks terrifying. I have no idea about anything remotely close to statistics. I'm more of an Algebra/Trigonometry person rather than statistics. I just hope that the class isn't too difficult. I have a feeling I'm am still going to be using the Learning Centers up there a lot in the Math Department. I have been told that the Math Department up there isn't the best. Even if they are not the best, I will do my best. 

Learning Centers

Learning Centers are places that you can go to get help with homework or to work out some concepts that are giving you trouble with students and faculty that are there to do just that, help you. I really love the idea of being able to go somewhere to get help if I need it. It makes it a lot more laid back, I think.

There is a different learning center in different areas on campus for each of the different areas of study. There is a Math Learning Center. There is a Science Learning Center. There is a History Learning Center.. Etc..... 

Another awesome aspect about Michigan Tech is that there are computer labs for each department as well. There is a lab for every learning department, such as the Social Sciences. There is one for Chemistry. There is also one for Engineering.. Etc... They have all of these separated so that each computer on campus does not need all of the possible programs for every department. The computers in the certain computer labs have programs that their field of study will need. The labs are wonderful places to work on projects because they do indeed have all of the programs on the computers that someone would need in their field of study. It's a wonderful idea as well, I think. 


Anyway, until I write again. The countdown is still counting down!


~R

No comments:

Post a Comment