Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome to the UP

Lady On the Lawn Mower Getting Her Mail

So, it turns out that there was this lady that I saw on the stretch between Strongs, Michigan and Houghton, Michigan who was getting her mail. It was very interesting though because she just so happened to be riding her lawn mower to get her mail.. All I could think was, "Wow, that's just a bit redneck.." I made the comment to Chris about what I thought, and I got a good chuckle out of him. It was worth it for me to make him laugh.

Closer to the North Pole Than the Equator Now

We passed a sign on the way up to the U.P. that said that we were now closer to the North Pole than we were to the Equator. I believe that it was the 45th Parallel. I'm not 100% sure though. You know what that means? It means that everything is going to be colder from now on.....


I Was So Wrong!

Turns out..... It wasn't colder just yet up here. For the past week, by the way, sorry for this post being so late, it has been in the upper 70s to the upper 80s. A couple times, it even went over 90 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment